[perl #20724] Patch for dprofpp

From:
Nicholas "Oxh�j"
Date:
February 5, 2003 10:22
Subject:
[perl #20724] Patch for dprofpp
Message ID:
rt-20724-50329.7.50247680562964@bugs6.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Nicholas Oxhøj
# Please include the string:  [perl #20724]

Hi

I have corrected a couple of (serious?) bugs in dprofpp for perl5. This is the first time I try to submit a bug/patch for Perl, so bear with me :-)

I am not really sure if I should mail the patch to you and/or perl5-porters@perl.org ? Likewise I am unsure of who will eventually apply the patch to the Perl development tree...

The attached diff is is a context diff done against the dprofpp.PL found in http://public.activestate.com/gsar/APC/perl-current/utils

The errors were as follows:

1. Option -g does not work. It makes dproffpp die with the following error:
Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -1

2. Option -S does not work. It "looses" a lot of calls due to move_keys() being faulty.

3. The summing of times for recursive functions does not work. When you have recursive functions, you can easily get numbers in the "CumulS" column that are much higher than the total amount of time used for the whole script.

Regards
Nicholas Oxhøj

url: http://rt.perl.org/rt2/attach/50329/38688/37589a/dprofpp.PL.diff