Re: [perl #20491] $SIG{RTMIN} on gentoo

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
February 5, 2003 08:29
Re: [perl #20491] $SIG{RTMIN} on gentoo
Message ID:
20030205172920.094a359c.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Shevek <perlbug@anarres.org> wrote:
> Is there any idea about when this might get fixed? I really can't run
> systems without Perl, and all my new machines are just sitting waiting for
> this to work.

Concerning an adequate fix, I have no idea. Frankly.

Concerning a workaround, here's one that should work painlessly :

untar a clean perl source tree,
once Configure is run, edit the file config.sh,
find 'sig_num_init' and 'sig_num' and replace -1 by the appropriate value,
  (the one in your .h headers),
regenerate config.h (by running config_h.SH)
make, make test.

The resulting perl should work. Then, make install.

The INSTALL file may have more information about tweaking config.sh
(or the Configure gurus around there may correct me if I'm wrong.)

HTH.