Re: Errors in dprofpp

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
February 4, 2003 11:45
Re: Errors in dprofpp
Message ID:
20030204194522.GA27934@math.berkeley.edu
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 03:17:30PM +0100, Nicholas Oxhøj wrote:

[It makes sense to press Enter in your mail time to time.  I reformatted
what you wrote.]

Official release is maintained by perl5-porters@perl.org.  Please resend.

> Anyway, I have attached my modified dprofpp, giving you chance to
> proofread the changes...

Do not send the file.  Send the patch (use diff -pc or diff -pu).

Make sure you edit the latest version; for best results rsync with
5.8.x or 5.9.x.

> The errors were as follows:

> 1. Option -g does not work. It makes dproffpp die with the following error:
> Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -1 at
> /opt/td/perl/bin/dprofpp line 679, <fh> line 246.

> 2. Option -S does not work. It "looses" a lot of calls due to
> move_keys() being faulty.

> 3. The summing of times for recursive functions into inclusive times
> does not work. When you have recursive functions, you can easily get
> numbers in the "CumulS" column that are much higher than the total
> amount of time used for the whole script.

Thanks,
Ilya