Re: [perl #18346] Signal handler broken using ithreads

From:
Dan Sully
Date:
February 4, 2003 11:38
Re: [perl #18346] Signal handler broken using ithreads
Message ID:
20030204193842.GZ21876@electricrain.com
* Nick Ing-Simmons <perlbug-followup@perl.org> shaped the electrons to say...

> As I said before - value of $ENV{PERLIO} is name of layer(s) to use
> so it would not be PERLIO=true.

Sorry, brain fried. PERLIO=perlio

> It was supposed to be possible to set this stuff up on a program/module
> basis using the "open" pragma:
>
> use open IO => ':perlio';
>
> Or equivalent  on command line :
> #!.../perl -Mopen=...
>
> But that does not seem to be working right either :-(
> It adds :perlio _ON TOP_ of :stdio which is not what we want here.

Yep - doesn't work here either.

> (p5p - I know I never liked open.pm but it seems its parsing has got even
> more messy than I remember it. As far as I recall ':' was supposed
> to be a separator (like $ENV{PATH} or attributes my $foo : shared : lock )
> but open.pm seems to be spliting on whitespace and then treating : as
> prefix to the name.
> The mis-feature above is not caused by this dubious parsing but the parsing
> does make commandline does not seem to allow -Mopen=:foo:bar but
> requires -Mopen=':foo :bar'
> )

-D
--
"I am Geek of Borg...  Prepare to be assembled!" - thorpej