Re: wishlist/idea: debug helper

From:
Richard Clamp
Date:
February 4, 2003 09:43
Re: wishlist/idea: debug helper
Message ID:
20030204174234.GA17242@mirth.demon.co.uk
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:10:13PM +0200, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice if there were a C level function that could be
> called from a C level debugger like gdb and which would show the
> *perl* statement (and filename, linenumber if known) being executed?
> dump.c:Perl_op_dump() exists, but its output is not that nice to read,
> use of B::Deparse might be useful (if available...)

So far, the latter two are much easier as they're just lurking around
in PL_curcop waiting to be plucked out.

I'm currently fiddling with hooking in B::Deparse but from my initial
playing something was getting precious about calling back into perl
following a SEGV.

A first cut of my code lives here, but so far the net result isn't
much more impressive than a simple couple of printfs.

http://mirth.unixbeard.net:8080/svn/richardc/perl/Devel-Where/t/Devel-Where.t

--
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net>