Re: [MAINT] perl@18639

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
February 3, 2003 03:51
Re: [MAINT] perl@18639
Message ID:
20030203115112.GE2541@kosh.hut.fi
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 12:24:20PM +0100, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> wrote:
> > I felt it would be a good time for a maint snapshot.
> >
> > 	http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl@18639.tgz
>
> This tarball includes a Makefile with rights 444, so the generation
> of the Makefile fails horribly.

Rats.  I really should add the detection of naughty garbage files
to my packaging scripts.

I now regenerated the files, in case someone didn't pull them down yet.
Those who did, please "rm Makefile" first.

> To prevent this, Makefile.SH could begin with a "rm -f Makefile".

Hmmm, I don't know about that.  Firstly, we should do the same for
all the foo.SH, I think.  Secondly, mode 444 files (or any other
funky mode like that) are good indicators of things having gone
quite wrong.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special