Re: [perl #18346] Signal handler broken using ithreads

From:
Dan Sully
Date:
February 3, 2003 01:28
Re: [perl #18346] Signal handler broken using ithreads
Message ID:
20030203092830.GI21876@electricrain.com
* Nick Ing-Simmons <perlbug-followup@perl.org> shaped the electrons to say...

> >That seems like broken behavior.
>
> In hindsight I agree - it has turned out that there are more bugs and snags
> in :stdio wrapper than in the :perlio re-write. The default may be changed
> in 5.8.1

Thanks for the explantion. I would put my vote in for

"When I select perlio at compile time, really use it".

Is there any way inside of a program/module to say the equivalent of 'PERLIO=true' ?

-D
--
The things you own end up owning you.