New SV Flag

From:
Arthur Bergman
Date:
February 2, 2003 16:15
Subject:
New SV Flag
Message ID:
883D6DDD-370C-11D7-B024-003065D64CBE@contiller.se
Hi,

I would like a new SV flag, or SV flag combination that means, this SV
does not live on the arenas and should not be PL_sv_counted, a hint to
sv_free not to plant this sv again.

I would like all SVs that are living in the optree to be of this kind,
this would allow us to move constants out of the pad and let them be
PVMG so they can't be upgraded anymore, same applies for the
METHOD_NAMED SvPVIV.

An alternative would be to store all these in a global pad like the
regex pad to allow shaving down on memory usage.

Arthur