Re: [perl #18346] Signal handler broken using ithreads

From:
Dan Sully
Date:
February 2, 2003 13:53
Re: [perl #18346] Signal handler broken using ithreads
Message ID:
20030202215313.GA21876@electricrain.com
* Nick Ing-Simmons <perlbug-followup@perl.org> shaped the electrons to say...

> Hmm, your report did not show evidence of that, you had -Duseperlio in the
> perl -V output but linux normally defaults to :stdio layer.
>
> When I ran the script in the report under perl5.8.0 on SuSE8.0 linux
> I got behaviour you described. Running again with
>
> PERLIO=perlio perl your-script
>
> seemed to fix it i.e. after 'fg' it went back to reading tty.
>
> I get same 'fixed' behaviour with default :stdio on my development
> branch (//depot/perlio/... ) which was sync'ed with bleadperl this morning.
>
> Can you try the PERLIO=perlio thing above and send me a copy/paste of
> what happens if it does not work?

That does work.

If if define useperlio at compile time, why do Linux and Solaris default to using stdio at runtime?

That seems like broken behavior.

-D
--
Down, not across.