Re: [perl #18346] Signal handler broken using ithreads

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
February 2, 2003 13:34
Re: [perl #18346] Signal handler broken using ithreads
Message ID:
20030202213437.9244.3@bactrian.ni-s.u-net.com
Dan Sully <daniel@electricrain.com> writes:
>* Nick Ing-Simmons <perlbug-followup@perl.org> shaped the electrons to say...
>
>> This seems to be due to "safe" signals in 5.8 not re-starting stdio
>> operations. That has been fixed in development version of perl.
>>
>> For 5.8.0 the problem can be avoided by using :perlio rather than :stdio layer.
>
>Nick - I was using the :perlio layer.

Hmm, your report did not show evidence of that, you had -Duseperlio in the
perl -V output but linux normally defaults to :stdio layer.

When I ran the script in the report under perl5.8.0 on SuSE8.0 linux
I got behaviour you described. Running again with

PERLIO=perlio perl your-script

seemed to fix it i.e. after 'fg' it went back to reading tty.

I get same 'fixed' behaviour with default :stdio on my development
branch (//depot/perlio/... ) which was sync'ed with bleadperl this morning.

Can you try the PERLIO=perlio thing above and send me a copy/paste of
what happens if it does not work?

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/