Re: MakeMaker and TESTS => 't/*.t t/*/*.t'

From:
Jos I. Boumans
Date:
February 2, 2003 05:24
Re: MakeMaker and TESTS => 't/*.t t/*/*.t'
Message ID:
20030202132411.41818.qmail@onion.perl.org

abigail@abigail.nl wrote:
> I'm maintaining a module (Regexp::Common) which has a large set of
> tests. Therefore I decided to not put all the test scripts in t/,
> but to make subdirectories in t/.
>
> I added "test => {TESTS => 't/*.t t/*/*.t'}" to the call to WriteMakefile
> in Makefile.PL, and all worked well. At least, so I thought. It works
> fine on Unix, but it seems to fail under Windows. I got the following
> report:
>
>     Installing perl extension
>     Writing Makefile for Regexp::Common
>
>     Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.00.9466
>     Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
>             C:\Programme\Perl\bin\perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
>     "test_harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t/*.t t/*/*.t
>     t/*......t/*.t does not exist
>     t/*/*....t/*/*.t does not exist
>     FAILED--2 test scripts could be run, alas--no output ever seen
>     NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\Programme\Perl\bin\perl.exe' : return
>     code '0x2'
>     Stop.
>

> It looks like the Microsoft shell doesn't understand wildcards.
> Does MakeMaker have a way to solve this? Or is my only way out
> of this to list all the test files separately?

I think it's the forward slash part it doesn't like (actually, i'm quite
sure of it -- in perl it 'does the right thing', but in cmd.exe, it gets
mighty confused):

C:\>dir perl/bin
Parameter format not correct - "bin".

C:\>dir perl\bin
  Volume in drive C is HDA1
  Volume Serial Number is C056-ABCB

  Directory of C:\perl\bin

and so on...

try with

test => {TESTS => join ' ', map { File::Spec->catdir( @$_ ) [qw|t *.t|],

or an equivalent thereof...

hope that helps,

--

Jos Boumans

How do I prove I am not crazy to people who are?

CPANPLUS			http://cpanplus.sf.net