Re: Hugo busy

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
January 30, 2003 01:11
Re: Hugo busy
Message ID:
20030130091111.A65701@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 09:42:56PM -0800, Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:30:53 GMT, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> >Currently Changes files only get updated when pumpkings release snapshots.
> >Is it possible to auto-generate the Changes files in some way, such as
> >after some number of days if more than some number of changes to this
> >tree have occurred?
> >If not, would it be possible for those with commit privs to do it manually
> >every so often? Or is there danger in that too?
>
> This is always kept up to date every 15 minutes:
>
>     http://public.ActiveState.com/gsar/APC/changes-latest.gz

Thanks.

That's 95855 bytes currently, and not directly rsync-able
And URLs are not very useful when you are offline, but with a copy of
the perl source tree, and want to know what's going on.

Is the uncompressed version available via rsync?

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 08:15:37AM +0100, H.Merijn Brand wrote:

> I could reply to the summaries with a Changes over the last week. If I
> remember to do so. Would that suffice?

Not really

1: It's in my mailbox and I'd have to remember to delete it once the real
   changes file incorporates the changes.
2: It's not all in one changes file, so it's not easily grep-able

Nicholas Clark