Re: [perl #20525] Perl's stdio layer doesn't handle EINTR

From:
Michael Schroeder
Date:
January 29, 2003 02:29
Re: [perl #20525] Perl's stdio layer doesn't handle EINTR
Message ID:
20030129101823.GA730@suse.de
> Sounds dangerous. errno has no particular guaranteed values after
> stdio function failures. e.g. I can imagine it dropping semaphores in
> threaded libc's that can sometimes change errno.

No it's not dangerous. The operation will only be retried if it
failed AND errno is EINTR. So maybe there are some rare cases where
the fix doesn't work (a failing semaphore operation changes errno from
EINTR to something else), but the patch makes things only better,
not worse.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--