Re: [perl #20525] Perl's stdio layer doesn't handle EINTR

From:
Michael Schroeder
Date:
January 28, 2003 13:27
Re: [perl #20525] Perl's stdio layer doesn't handle EINTR
Message ID:
20030128202521.GA14446@suse.de
> Agreed in principle - do you have a verified patch for perlio.c to hand?

The one attached seems to do the trick. I didn't patch the
PerlIOStdio_close() function, though, because the linux manpage
contains:

RETURN VALUE
       Upon successful completion 0 is returned.  Otherwise,  EOF
       is  returned and the global variable errno is set to indiĀ­
       cate  the  error.   In  either  case  any  further  access
       (including another call to fclose()) to the stream results
       in undefined behaviour.

Hmm, I don't like that "undefined behaviour" part.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   mls@suse.de