-Uuseperlio affecting ... prototype dumping?

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
January 28, 2003 12:52
Subject:
-Uuseperlio affecting ... prototype dumping?
Message ID:
20030128205235.GA30563@kosh.hut.fi
Noticed this: http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.daily-build.reports/2373
What it amount is that with -Uuseperlio this

	-MDevel::Peek -e 'print Dump(sub(){})'

prints

    PROTOTYPE = "_"

but without -Uuseperlio it prints

    PROTOTYPE = ""

Since printf "%_" vs SVf dance is to be suspected, what should we do?
Tweak the dump.c code to print "" for an empty prototype even under
no perlio, or the test to allow for an optional "_"?

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special