Re: perl 5.8.0 source fails

From:
Tim Judd
Date:
January 27, 2003 05:02
Re: perl 5.8.0 source fails
Message ID:
OE34uA8M6XQQez1enAq00009a21@hotmail.com
> Could you run
>  ./perl -Ilib -V
>
> in the build directory and send the output to the list please?
> You don't say what OS your building on, and the -V output gives a lot of
> other information that might help us quickly answer your question.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicholas Clark

Nicholas, and the perl5-porters list:

I've posted the output from script (shell command) to an attachment.  I felt
an attachment was the best way to separate my description from what the
computer output was.  I'll also have a copy of this at my domain,
http://www.midnight-tech.com/~tajudd/version.txt

It'll be there momentarily.  Note, the web server above is not the same
machine I'm building perl on.  I'm upgrading my machine, and until I get my
new box fully configured, I am not going to bring down the existing one.

As a side note, the process for building a -STABLE system on FreeBSD, is
that the last step is "mergemaster" -- I hadn't run that, until just now.
If that's the reason, I'll run the test suite again.

--Thanks
Tim Judd