Re: [perl #20491] $SIG{RTMIN} on gentoo

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
January 26, 2003 14:50
Re: [perl #20491] $SIG{RTMIN} on gentoo
Message ID:
20030126235529.7252a6c2.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Arthur Bergman wrote:
> > That's strange. What does your signal.h say about it ? (it maybe a
> > file asm/signal.h or
> > another sig*.h under /usr/include). There's possibly a bug in the
> > Configure script if
> > your signal number is different from -1.
> >
> > Anyway, perl should't dump core when given a signal number of -1.
> > (for reference the core dump is produced by
> > 	$ perl -e '$SIG{RTMIN} = "DEFAULT"'
> > )
>
> A machine with RTMIN being -1 must be a weird beast since RTMIN/RTMAX
> combo describes what signals can used for realtime signals.

Gentoo machines are weird beasts ;-) notice that this is apparently a
gentoo modified kernel, and (afaik) the signal numbers come from the
kernel. So I just want to know what kind of input fools the complicated
process by which Configure figures them out.
(RTMIN is consistenly defined as 32 in all kernel headers here, linux
2.4.20)