Re: change #9754: 5 x slowdown for perl -d

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
January 20, 2003 12:35
Re: change #9754: 5 x slowdown for perl -d
Message ID:
20030120203210.C28899@fdgroup.com
On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 08:59:31PM +0100, Arthur Bergman wrote:
> >> If this is the case, we could steal the unused 0x10 bit of HINTS and
> >> use that to do the signalling, by appropriately modifying
> >> pp_dbstate() and
> >> Perl_magic_setdbline().
> >>
> >> How does that sound as a plan?
> >
> > Sounds like a plan.
> >

> Grumble grubmle, I use that bit!

Or plan (b):

OPf_SPECIAL doesn't seem to be used for OP_(DB|NEXT)STATE in op_flags,
so perhaps we could use that instead, and leave op_private purely for
hints?

Of course, this still doesn't solve the problem (if indeed problem it is),
of PUSHSUB() expecting PL_op to be an entersub or similar.

--
That he said that that that that is is is debatable, is debatable.