Re: [perl #20339] Possible sprintf problem in perl5.8.0

From:
sthoenna
Date:
January 17, 2003 10:35
Re: [perl #20339] Possible sprintf problem in perl5.8.0
Message ID:
LaEK+gzkgKfa092yn@efn.org
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:01:24 +0000, hv@crypt.org wrote:
>sthoenna@efn.org (Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes) wrote:
>:so I think %lf should be silently treated as %f.
>
>Thanks; the relevant chunk for floating point formats also drops
>a fail on '%hf'; should this also be silently allowed? I'm
>guessing not ...

Failure on hf is ok.
The following combinations must be supported per C99:

modifier                           format
h,hh,ll,j,z,t                      d,i,o,u,x,X,n
l                                  d,i,o,u,x,X,n,c,s,a,A,e,E,f,F,g,G
L                                  a,A,e,E,f,F,g,G

"If a length modifier appears with any conversion specifier other
than as specified above, the behavior is undefined."