Re: [perl #20339] Possible sprintf problem in perl5.8.0

From:
hv
Date:
January 17, 2003 01:00
Re: [perl #20339] Possible sprintf problem in perl5.8.0
Message ID:
200301170901.h0H91Oa03743@crypt.compulink.co.uk
sthoenna@efn.org (Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes) wrote:
:C99 says:
:  l (ell)      Specifies that a following d, i, o, u, x, or  X
:               conversion  specifier  applies to a long int or
:               unsigned long int argument; that a following  n
:               conversion  specifier applies to a pointer to a
:               long  int  argument;   that   a   following   c
:               conversion   specifier   applies  to  a  wint_t
:               argument;  that  a   following   s   conversion
:               specifier  applies  to  a  pointer to a wchar_t
:               argument; or has no effect on a following a, A,
:               e, E, f, F, g, or G conversion specifier.
:
:so I think %lf should be silently treated as %f.

Thanks; the relevant chunk for floating point formats also drops
a fail on '%hf'; should this also be silently allowed? I'm
guessing not ...

Hugo