Re: [perl #18915] array assignment works correctly only in debugger

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
January 1, 2003 15:20
Re: [perl #18915] array assignment works correctly only in debugger
Message ID:
20030101231253.GB8896@Bagpuss.unfortu.net
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 07:51:34PM -0800, Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:

> I'd appreciate someone reducing the above into a valid test case.
> Thanks!

Where should it go?

I don't think Abhijit added any regression tests for the B0B bug, else I'd've
patched wherever they went.

The bug is to do with how utf8 startup happens in the regepx engine, isn't
it? So tests for this bug (and presumably others in the same class) all need
to start a fresh perl and run a small script. Should they go in op/pat.t?
Are they really some sort of uni/ test? Should they go in some new file
just for swash code tests, maybe named utf8re.t?

Nicholas Clark