develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2002

Re: Thread::Use - use a module inside a thread only

From:
Arthur Bergman
Date:
Re: Thread::Use - use a module inside a thread only
Message ID:
B52A348E-A3C2-11D6-8235-003065D64CBE@contiller.se

On tisdag, juli 30, 2002, at 03:41 , Nicholas Clark wrote:

> In case it's not clear - I agree that this is the correct approach.
> It's just that it's hard to do when part of what you're trying to clone
> is an opaque data structure supplied by a third party library that
> wasn't
> expecting to be cloned.
>
> OK, I have an advantage here - I have the zlib source. (open source is
> useful)
> But I'm still looking to do something that isn't in the official source
> code, hence poking with their internals.

Some things cannot be cloned, perhaps it should just close the file for
the thread, or something, or share the structure between the threads but
protect it with a mutex?

Arthur