develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2002

RE: Perl 5.8.0

From:
Green, Paul
Date:
RE: Perl 5.8.0
Message ID:
A2A34F15EE916148BC4C4748223E67A4027C290D@EXNA4.stratus.com
A sincere thank you to Jarkko Hietaniemi and congratulations to everyone who
has contributed to perl 5.8.0.  Even though I maintain one of those slightly
weird POSIX-but-non-Unix ports of Perl, I've always been treated with
respect, with great professionalism and with wonderful helpfulness by
Jarkko.  This is a great group of people to work with, and Jarkko set a
marvelous example for all of us to emulate.  Thank you, Jarkko, you deserve
a long and restful break.  Welcome aboard, Hugo!

By the way, the 17638 snapshot has two crufty files hanging around: Changes~
and patchlevel.h~. I checked the snapshot for other files ending in tilde
but didn't find any.

PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Day: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610