develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2002

Re: AIX 64-bit ./Configure

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
Re: AIX 64-bit ./Configure
Message ID:
20020716221806.H12182@alpha.hut.fi
On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 02:09:24PM -0500, T L Mclane wrote:

> Okay this may seem like a _really_ dumb question, but
> I'm brand new at compiling for 64 bit.  Is there anything special that
> I need to do to compile for 64bit besides compiling with the 64-bit kernel,
> and setting 64-bit compiler flags?

Just 64-bit integers:

	./Configure -Duse64bitint

Also 64-bit addresses:

	./Configure -Duse64bitall

These will (should) set up all the necessary compiler and linker flags.

INSTALL tells all this and more.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen