develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2002

locale.t/RedHat/glibc mystery mysteriously disappeared

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
June 29, 2002 07:05
Subject:
locale.t/RedHat/glibc mystery mysteriously disappeared
Message ID:
20020629140350.GA1081@rafael
On 2002/04/03, I wrote :
> I've got a strange problem on my system today.
> This is a RedHat 7.0 with an upgraded glibc (from the official RedHat
> RPMs, v2.2.4).
>
> When lib/locale.t is executing, I can't execute any program (e.g. ls) :
> it segfaults immediately. I haven't for now produced a smaller test case.
>
> This is probably a glibc bug, but I wonder what happens here ? why
> playing with the locale does trigger such behavior ?

This problem seems to have disappeared, but I've no idea why.
Since then I used to configure my perls with -Accflags=-DNO_LOCALE
to avoid this problem, but this is no longer necessary.