develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2002

Re: sickle.activestate.com

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
June 28, 2002 06:53
Re: sickle.activestate.com
Message ID:
200206281347.g5SDlH219932@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:16:31 +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
>Apparently the ssh host key for sickle.activestate.com has changed,
>is that correct ?

Correct.  The sshd on that box has been upgraded (there was an openssh
vulnerability reported recently).

>Also, I used to connect with "ssh -C ..." (enable compression, over
>my slow modem line.) This no longer works ; is it intended ? (No big
>deal, as I plan to purchase a faster DSL connection next month.)

The newer openssh (with privilege separation enabled) doesn't
support compression on Linux yet.  You could set the compress option
on your p4 client instead.

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com