develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2002

Re: autom4te and perl 5.8.0

From:
Gerrit P. Haase
Date:
June 26, 2002 22:59
Re: autom4te and perl 5.8.0
Message ID:
63284983574.20020627075042@familiehaase.de
Hallo Patrick,

I forwared this to perl5-porters.

Am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2002 um 21:45 schriebst du:

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 08:31:41PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Hallo Patrick,
>>
>> > In case you/anyone in the perl camp/ are interested, this is what I
>> > attempted to send: (This was before Alexandre posted the short version
>> > not needing autom4te)
>>
>> RC2 i sout, try this, there it should be fixed.
>> I forwarded the announcement to you, so don't
>> wonder;)

> I just tried it, but the solution seems strange.. Instead of core dumping,
> I get:

> cannot open /dev/null: Invalid argument

> It seems the solution is just "don't allow character devices to be opened"
> which is odd.. How can autoconf decide to redirect output to the bit bin?

This was the testcase:

 use IO::File;
 my $out = new IO::File;
 $out->open("/dev/null", O_CREAT | O_WRONLY | O_TRUNC, 0666);

> Cheers,

> Patrick

Gerrit
--
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
    from squid/acinclude.m4,   Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002