develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2002

Perl to C Conversion

From:
DiwyaKM
Date:
June 25, 2002 06:06
Subject:
Perl to C Conversion
Message ID:
000a01c21c47$f5a54520$9f067aa3@tatainfotech.com
Hi,

I am new to the world of Perl. I have a perl script of file size 19kb and I am trying to convert into a C code. I was able to achieve that by executing the following command

#perl -MO=CC,-O2,-o file.c file.pl

But the C code so produced is very large, about 247kb. I am using perl version 5.005_57 built for PENTIUM-svr4.0.

I would like to know whether there are any other better method to get a optimized C code? or, the only way out is to do the conversion manually?

Thanks in advance,
diwya