develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2002

Re: 2nd draft of announcement

From:
Norton Allen
Date:
June 3, 2002 05:37
Re: 2nd draft of announcement
Message ID:
200206031248.IAA08378@bottesini.harvard.edu
Green, Paul wrote:

> Could we also suggest that people who are not on one of the "known popular"
> platforms file SUCCESS reports as well as bug reports?  We don't need to
> hear about Linux (or VMS or VOS or MacPerl, etc) but if someone shows up
> from one of the more obscure OSes, it would be nice to know. I guess this
> means including a list of "known popular" OSes.  I think I mean the OSes
> that p5p regularly deals with (whatever they are).

Jarkko actually maintains a list of the usual suspects and prods
us at critical times to make sure we're testing on our relatively
obscure platforms. I am assuming that the "make ok" approach
(or perlbug -ok) is the way to report successes. Some of these
seem to make it to p5p, though the volume is much below what I'd
expect.

  -Norton "QNX" Allen