develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2002

Re: 3rd draft of announcement

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
June 1, 2002 02:11
Re: 3rd draft of announcement
Message ID:
20020601090806.1383.1@bactrian.ni-s.u-net.com
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> writes:
>> Also, why do we say this:
>>
>> Note that this is a major new release of Perl and therefore:
>>
>> *** DO NOT USE THIS RELEASE OF PERL FOR PRODUCTION PURPOSES! ***
>> *** This software comes WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.     ***
>>
>> Are all major new releases of perl unfit for production purposes?
>> Or is it just this RC1 release that we really mean to say this about?
>
>Better wordings welcome.  I added the above in response to Paul's
>comments about being very explicit.  Maybe it is too scary.

I think it is too scary. How about

"
New Release Candidates will come out about weekly until we are
satisfied with the results, at which point the final 5.8.0 will
be released.

Note that this is a major new release of Perl and therefore:

*** DO NOT USE THIS RELEASE CANDIATE FOR PRODUCTION PURPOSES! ***

"

None the less _I_ probably will ;-)

--
Nick Ing-Simmons