develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: 3rd draft of announcement

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
May 31, 2002 13:54
Re: 3rd draft of announcement
Message ID:
20020531235459.Q27534@alpha.hut.fi
> Also, why do we say this:
>
> Note that this is a major new release of Perl and therefore:
>
> *** DO NOT USE THIS RELEASE OF PERL FOR PRODUCTION PURPOSES! ***
> *** This software comes WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.     ***
>
> Are all major new releases of perl unfit for production purposes?
> Or is it just this RC1 release that we really mean to say this about?

Better wordings welcome.  I added the above in response to Paul's
comments about being very explicit.  Maybe it is too scary.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen