develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: 2nd draft of announcement

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
May 31, 2002 13:50
Re: 2nd draft of announcement
Message ID:
20020531235134.P27534@alpha.hut.fi
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 10:41:24PM +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> On 2002.05.31 20:15 Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > Attached.
>
> On section "Installing", you wrote :
>
> > If you want to install this, but want to install it into some less
> > dangerous place (and not overwrite your current installation),
> > do the following
> >
> >         make clean
> >         sh Configure -des -Dprefix=/some/test/area/perl580
> >         make all
> >         make test
> >
> > and then the "make install".
>
> Add -Uinstallusrbinperl to the Configure options.

Oops, very good point now that versiononly safety hatch has been lifted.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen