develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: 2nd draft of announcement

From:
John Poltorak
Date:
May 31, 2002 12:16
Re: 2nd draft of announcement
Message ID:
20020531201359.U84@eyup.org
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 02:36:02PM -0400, Green, Paul wrote:
> This is very good, Jarkko.
>
> Could we also suggest that people who are not on one of the "known popular"
> platforms file SUCCESS reports as well as bug reports?  We don't need to
> hear about Linux (or VMS or VOS or MacPerl, etc) but if someone shows up
> from one of the more obscure OSes, it would be nice to know. I guess this
> means including a list of "known popular" OSes.  I think I mean the OSes
> that p5p regularly deals with (whatever they are).

With Jarkko's help, I've mamged to get Perl to compile on OS/2 straight
out of the latest snapshot. There are still a few failing test scripts
which I'd like to sort out, but it passes 98.3%, which isn't bad IMV, but
I'd like to know what is generally achieved on other platforms...

--
John