develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: perl@16861

From:
sthoenna
Date:
May 31, 2002 08:02
Re: perl@16861
Message ID:
DV398gzkg6GB092yn@efn.org
In article <20020530020114.Y30595@alpha.hut.fi>,
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> wrote:
>On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 03:27:18PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>> Left to do: fix self-tied globs :(
>> My current thought on this is to 1) move the tie magic back onto the GV
>> or 2) require self-tied globs to use weakrefs, croaking if they don't.
>
>If I don't have working tested patches by Thursday evening, no go.
>(I said earlier Friday evening, but NI-S talked some sense to me.)
>Core *.c patches must be in the Friday morning snapshot.

I woke up at about 3AM with an idea for how to fix this. :)
Obviously this is a little late, but I may be able to come up
with a workaround to document in perldelta.