develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

quote snippage

From:
Abhijit Menon-Sen
Date:
May 30, 2002 21:20
Subject:
quote snippage
Message ID:
20020531094944.A29707@lustre.dyn.wiw.org
I'd like to request everyone to take the time to snip quoted text from
their replies. I don't mind downloading 666 line patches, but when they
and several rounds of ensuing discussion are quoted below a single-line
reply, it becomes more than a little painful.

Bandwidth may be cheap and plentiful in decadent western countries, but
*I* am connected to the Internet by a slightly-moistened strand of hair
from the posterior of a particularly non-conductive species of rodent:

    round-trip min/avg/max = 110.038/17224.459/2137270.114 ms

It really does make a difference to me.

Thank you.

- ams