develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

forewarning: usedevel and versiononly

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
May 28, 2002 12:40
forewarning: usedevel and versiononly
Message ID:
20020528224051.W30595@alpha.hut.fi
I will start migrating bleadperl towards 5.8.0-ness already now,
meaning that the version level will ratchet to 5.8.0.

This means that -Dusedevel will become a no-op, (I think Configure
should automatically skip the "are you sane?" question once the "7"
changes to an "8"), that the "5.7.3" suffix will no more be added to
the executables, so forth.  Rationale: I am starting this now since
otherwise I'll be bound to forget to update something in the Saturday
morning rush...  So, tomorrow's snapshot (Wednesday) will be think it
is 5.8.0.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen