develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: [ID 20020525.002] coredump/bad free warning in blead with SIGWARN

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
May 25, 2002 19:46
Re: [ID 20020525.002] coredump/bad free warning in blead with SIGWARN
Message ID:
20020526054606.I23596@alpha.hut.fi
This is the minimum I can in Tru64 whittle it down and still get the
mid-heap free seen by Third Degree (notes: $SIG{__WARN__} is now
outside of a BEGIN, while loop has been unrolled, the $expect has been
simplified (it still needs to be a ""), the constant scalar ref has
been simplified.

Note that I get SIGILL, not SIGSEGV.  If I remove the $SIG{__WARN__}
bit, no more the mid-heap free, but I still do get the SIGILL.

#!./perl -w

my @warnings;

BEGIN {
    push @warnings, \'FOO';