develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: [ID 20020513.015] Seg-fault running t/io/fs.t under Devel::DProf

From:
Sam Tregar
Date:
May 14, 2002 14:47
Re: [ID 20020513.015] Seg-fault running t/io/fs.t under Devel::DProf
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.44.0205141739040.20718-100000@localhost.localdomain
On Tue, 14 May 2002, Sam Tregar wrote:

> Strangely, when I tried to add this as a test case to Devel::DProf's tests
> it didn't notice the core dump.  Even when I planned two tests and then
> dumped core between them the DProf.t harness didn't skip a beat.  I think
> it's pretty suspicious that Devel::DProf - Perl's Most Likely to Seg-Fault
> Module - has a test suite that ignore seg-faults.  Is this a job for Super
> Schwern or what?

Whoa there dumbass.  You must have misunderstood how Devel::DProf's test
harness works.  If you adjust the number of tests to include your new
tests then it will definitely notice a premature exit in a test file.
I've made the changes in your bleadperl checkout to show you what I mean.

Call off the Schwern!

-sam