develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: [ID 20020513.015] Seg-fault running t/io/fs.t under Devel::DProf

From:
Sam Tregar
Date:
May 14, 2002 14:28
Re: [ID 20020513.015] Seg-fault running t/io/fs.t under Devel::DProf
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.44.0205141717010.20718-100000@localhost.localdomain
On Tue, 14 May 2002, Sam Tregar wrote:

> Can anyone throw me a line?  Is it possible that no one in all of p5p-dom
> understands how Devel::DProf works?

Hey man.  I did some checking and I managed to boil down your test case to
this tasty morsel:

 $ ./perl -Ilib -d:DProf -e 'require "t/test.pl"; SKIP: {skip("test")}'
 ok 1 # skip: test
 Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I still don't know what the problem is, but I surmise it has something to
do with that mass of sticky code in pp_goto that's supposed to make this
stuff work.  Maybe you should poke around in there?

Strangely, when I tried to add this as a test case to Devel::DProf's tests
it didn't notice the core dump.  Even when I planned two tests and then
dumped core between them the DProf.t harness didn't skip a beat.  I think
it's pretty suspicious that Devel::DProf - Perl's Most Likely to Seg-Fault
Module - has a test suite that ignore seg-faults.  Is this a job for Super
Schwern or what?

-sam