develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: [ID 20020513.015] Seg-fault running t/io/fs.t under Devel::DProf

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
May 14, 2002 12:31
Re: [ID 20020513.015] Seg-fault running t/io/fs.t under Devel::DProf
Message ID:
20020514223121.H12362@alpha.hut.fi
> I think the weirdness in PL_DBsub has something to do with Devel::DProf
> turning on PERLDBf_NONAME in PL_perldb.  This flag is documented as:
>
>   #define PERLDBf_NONAME   0x40  /* For _SUB: no name of the subr */
>
> Which makes exactly no sense to me.  The effect of PERLDBf_NONAME is to
> cause PERLDB_SUB_NN to be true.  This alters the way that PL_DBsub is
> setup, I think.
>
> Can anyone throw me a line?  Is it possible that no one in all of p5p-dom
> understands how Devel::DProf works?

I think IlyaZ is the one to ask.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/