develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

Re: [ID 20020513.015] Seg-fault running t/io/fs.t under Devel::DProf

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
May 13, 2002 18:20
Re: [ID 20020513.015] Seg-fault running t/io/fs.t under Devel::DProf
Message ID:
20020514042005.A8867@alpha.hut.fi
> Well, Sub comes from:
>
>   SV *Sub = GvSV(PL_DBsub);  /* name of current sub */
>
> And PL_DBsub is just a funny name for $DB::sub, I think.  And $DB::sub is
> some kind of funny dual-var that's supposed to have both the name of the
> sub and its address.  Except that I've never seen it have the name, at
> least not while Devel::DProf is around.  On calls when doesn't crash
> SvIVX(Sub) is the address of the CV currently being entered or left.
>
> So does that ring any bells?

Pretty silent around here, I'm afraid.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/