develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2002

RE: Save a few hunderd kilobytes or a few hundred perl users?

From:
Fisher Mark
Date:
May 1, 2002 13:02
RE: Save a few hunderd kilobytes or a few hundred perl users?
Message ID:
A5E22933E3D5D4118FFE00508BF373C7E41169@indyexch28.indy.tce.com
> One possible solution might be as follow;
>
> rename /usr/src/contrib/perl5 to /usr/src/contrib/miniperl5
>
> and just add enough file to build miniperl.

I've read all the messages in this thread, but I'm still unclear -- are we
talking about building the "miniperl" that Perl already creates during the
build process?  If not, the minimal perl for building the FreeBSD kernel
should have a different name, like:
	smallperl
	modestperl
	tightperl
	midgetperl
	petiteperl
or something similar.  I see much potential for confusion if "miniperl"
means different Perl builds in different contexts.
Mark Leighton Fisher            fisherm@tce.com
Thomson multimedia, Inc.        Indianapolis IN
"We have tamed lightning and used it to teach sand to think"