develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2002

Re: Save a few hunderd kilobytes or a few hundred perl users?

From:
Ilya Martynov
Date:
April 30, 2002 09:25
Re: Save a few hunderd kilobytes or a few hundred perl users?
Message ID:
87adrlm9xd.fsf@abra.ru

MS> In this way perl can be distributed in chunks without the source being
MS> broken up.  There is still a single perl dpkg.  FreeBSD may wish to follow
MS> this model.  They may already be and we're just panicking.  Dunno.  That's
MS> why I didn't forward this onto the FreeBSD lists.

FYI On FreeBSD "full" perl can be always installed from port
/usr/port/lang/perl. There should be corresponding prebuilt package
also. As added bonus this port has latest perl (5.6.1) while core
system has only 5.005.

--
Ilya Martynov (http://martynov.org/)