develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2002

[ID 20020126.007] enhancement to h2xs

From:
David Martin
Date:
January 26, 2002 04:37
Subject:
[ID 20020126.007] enhancement to h2xs
Message ID:
200201260130.g0Q1Tv102711@chthon.perl.com
Greetings,

I am using Perl 5.7.2 development version downloaded a week ago.

This is more a functionality increase than a bug, patch file attached,
particularly:

added a PERLH2XS environment variable to point to either a file or directory
to contain a preferences file for the AUTHOR, EMAIL, COPYRIGHT, and LICENSE
information, limited to this list of keywords.  Default filenames for the
preferences file are .h2xsrc (unixes for example) or h2xs.ini for
dos/windows/vms.  directories are checked in order of PERLH2XS, HOME, or
LOGDIR environment variable directories -- swiped this part pretty well
straight out of perl5db.pl (Randal's suggestion).  Updated the POD
documentation also.  Additionally changed the ||= operator for $author to the
ternary operator, so now it does find my name out by looking it up on the
system if there is no dot file.

I do not have access to very many types of operating systems, but it appears
to work correctly on my linux laptop.  I did not do anything especially
scary, so it should generally work okay.

Thanks,

David Martin
penguipotamous@yahoo.com