develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2001

Re: [ID 20011229.004] Compilation error - Devel::PPPort not happy.

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
December 31, 2001 05:16
Re: [ID 20011229.004] Compilation error - Devel::PPPort not happy.
Message ID:
20011231131625.15967.41@bactrian.ni-s.u-net.com
Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com> writes:
>On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
>
>> We (Jarrko & I) have been messing with PPPort - mainly for Win32,
>> but one of snags (use before setting @INC) would have aflicted other
>> ports too. So fresh rsync probably got you a fixed PPPort.
>
>Oh, cool.  BTW, I've noticed that PPPort is getting rebuilt everytime I
>run a "make test".  Seems that the Makefile is getting confused...

Yes - dependencies are wrong. Should be the objects not the C files
which depend on ppport.h and that in turn should depend on ppport_h.PL.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/