develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2001

Re: [ID 20011230.002] NOT OK: Perl@13943 on djgpp

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
December 30, 2001 09:26
Re: [ID 20011230.002] NOT OK: Perl@13943 on djgpp
Message ID:
20011230192646.B11589@alpha.hut.fi
On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 07:26:16PM +0200, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 02:02:33PM +0100, Philip Newton wrote:
> > Hi, I downloaded the latest Perl snapshot and configure failed very near
> > the start with "I can't find cat anywhere".
> >
> > Apparently, it looks in a standard set of paths (e.g. /usr/bin etc.) but
> > does not look at $PATH.
>
> The "standard set of paths" is rather extensive... where *is* your cat?
>
> > Also, the line   _exe=''    looks suspicious, since my cat is
> > 'D:/djgpp/bin/cat.exe' .

Duh.  Can't read.  Okay.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/