develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2001

Re: [ID 20011230.002] NOT OK: Perl@13943 on djgpp

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
December 30, 2001 09:26
Re: [ID 20011230.002] NOT OK: Perl@13943 on djgpp
Message ID:
20011230192616.A11589@alpha.hut.fi
On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 02:02:33PM +0100, Philip Newton wrote:
> Hi, I downloaded the latest Perl snapshot and configure failed very near
> the start with "I can't find cat anywhere".
>
> Apparently, it looks in a standard set of paths (e.g. /usr/bin etc.) but
> does not look at $PATH.

The "standard set of paths" is rather extensive... where *is* your cat?

> Also, the line   _exe=''    looks suspicious, since my cat is
> 'D:/djgpp/bin/cat.exe' .

_exe is set by the cygwin hints file.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/