develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2001

sv_dup() on an XSUB

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
December 28, 2001 16:23
Subject:
sv_dup() on an XSUB
Message ID:
20011228192257.A13457@math.ohio-state.edu
Is it conceivable that sv_dup() can be called on an XSUB?  In which
situations?  If this is fork/as/thread, is there any other situation
when this can happen?

I'm designing an new feature/optimization of XSUBs, but do not know
how to make it through sv_dup() without a significant
pessimization/obfuscation.  So I need to know whether I need to bother
about sv_dup() at all - I'm quite happy to switch off the optimization
when on Win* ;-).

Ilya