develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2001

Re: [ID 20011206.009] format defined inside of failed 'eval'

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
December 6, 2001 15:50
Re: [ID 20011206.009] format defined inside of failed 'eval'
Message ID:
20011206235043.GJ22648@blackrider
On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 11:40:45PM -0000, mjd@plover.com wrote:
> The 'eval' fails because of the use of the global variable '$var' in
> the 'format' declaration.  Afterwards, $@ contains
>
>         Global symbol "$var" requires explicit package name at (eval 1) line 4.
>
> Nevertheless, the format is still defined as if nothing had gone
> wrong, as the 'write' shows; the output is
>
>         The value of 'var' is:        bloop

Confirmed, still a problem in bleadperl.

Perl Quality Assurance	    <perl-qa@perl.org>	       Kwalitee Is Job One
I stared into the Abyss, and it avoided making eye contact.