develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2001

Re: restricted hashes, and other readonlyness (was "clamp...")

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
November 5, 2001 01:13
Re: restricted hashes, and other readonlyness (was "clamp...")
Message ID:
20011105091045.669.1@bactrian.elixent.com
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> writes:
>> >      Net::FTP object
>>
>> A possible - Graham care to comment?
>
>the only classes I can think of where you would want to restrict the keys
>are ones where you want to prohibit sub-classes.

I am assuming that either the base-class's "new" asks the class what
its keys are, or new is overriden in the subclass:

sub new
{
 my ($class,...) = @_;
 my %self;